Commitment- contracting ideas

Home Forums Share With Others Commitment- contracting ideas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maryellen May
    Participant

I added the following addendum to my proposal which has greatly helped me in setting up commitments in the team coaching process. Kudos here goes to an incredible MCC and Team Coach- Angela Cusack- IGNITING SUCCESS who, in 3 months, had an incredible impact on my work as a Team Coach. She is both an MCC and a trained Coaching Supervisor and active Team Coach With her background, in just 3 months, the impact she had on my work was incredible. She shared this as well as well as other tools. (Gotta plug her- she is the best) Addendum below-

As your coach my promise is to: Bring the best of who I am to every conversation. Speak honestly and with candor, connect and remain present, demonstrate vulnerability, compassion and care and keep all conversations confidential

My promise is conditional on the XXXX team fulfilling your promise to be attentive, intentional and practice what we have agreed even when the team finds itself shifting back to conditioned tendencies and patterns of leading. this is a partnership and the results we cannot deliver without 100% engagement.

AVDeaton
    Participant

Maryellen, I love this addition and holding the team (and not only the leader or organization) accountable for their engagement. It makes it so explicit, and you (and Angela) have made it sound more like an invitation than an onerous responsibility.

AVDeaton
    Participant

I so appreciate the sample proposals provided to us to adapt when approaching a client. The language is powerful and compelling. And, in addition to the clarity of a proposal laying out what to expect, I’ve found it valuable to share the concept of “structured emergence” with clients, that is that we will plan and structure what is clear to us at the outset of the work AND we will also be present to what emerges along the way that would be valuable. Many clients are familiar with an agile approach and learning on the fly from our attempts, and yet they want the team coach to have the map for the whole journey. Framing it as structured emergence has been a way to acknowledge that the map is unique to each team and changing all the time, while also asserting that there are some comforting consistencies and measurable results such as the TDA and the team’s own KPI’s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart