Mr.Serect, Please stand up!

Home Forums Share With Others Mr.Serect, Please stand up!

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tony Wang
    Participant

Description:
    1.Trust is the foundation of high performance team. And there’re many ways to build up trust and maintain trust among team members
    2. One of ways is to be self-disclosure in front of the whole team. If all of team member have chances to be self-disclosure in the team, it will create respect and connection for high positivity.
    3. However, it is not easy to tell about yourself esp. for some experiences which you have never talked about it in public.
    4. One secret chair is an easy and fun way to encourage everyone to participate and tell one or two or more secrets in public.

Exercise instruction:
    1. Team coach tells the team that self-disclosure is fundamental to build up team trust. In order to increase mutual trust, participants will take turns to stand in the center and in front of the team. And then he/she needs to tell the others about one personal thing (one secret) that team members maybe don’t know about.
    2. If the other participants sitting in their chairs have the same secret, they need to stand up and exchange the seats with others. Meanwhile, the secret teller can take the opportunity to find a vacant seat and sit down.
    3. The number of seats is one less than the number of participants. So there’s always one person standing in front of the team. And the standing person is the next to tell another secret.
    4. If there’s no one have the same secret with the secret teller,  he/she needs to say one more secret.
    5. If there’s only one participant having the same secret, he/she is the next one to tell the secret.

Some tips:
    1. Team coach takes an easy example to start the exercise For example, I am afraid of taking airplane, I have one cat, I cheated once in the exam when I studied in primary school…
    2. Team coach can join the exercise to build up trust and connection with team.
    3. It can be applied as an energizer when necessary.
    4.Team coach can manage timing duration of this exercise. Normally team coach can stop the exercise when most of participants have told at least one secret.
    5. Having fun 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart