The Clap

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Fredrik Holmén
    Participant

THE CLAP

WHAT
    The clap is an extremely simple, yet phenomenal warm up task when you start for instance a de brief or a team coaching session. The idea of the clap is to stand in a ring and send forward, or backwards, a clap that you make with your hands. You have to follow where the clap is going and be ready to receive it and to send it forwards. Or backward. And the core of the idea is to be ready to receive and to send it forward at the very moment it comes to you. With a present and good energy. You want to create a smooth and energized flow of claps in the ring. VERY SIMPLE.

HOW
    1. Ask everyone to stand up and get into a ring.
    2. Then you explain them the idea.
    3. Then you demonstrate the idea by sending a clap to the person that is standing next to you.
    4. Then you ask the person next to you, to send it forward, or backward.
    5. And so it goes.
    6. …Until someone is unfocused and the ring and flow of claps breaks…
    7. …And the everyone gives a round of applauds and cheers…
    8. …And then you start over with even more energy…

WHY
    The is ideal to demonstrate the difference of being truly present in the moment. To really paying attention to the system and how every single action either builds up or tears down the system. If you just stand there and give it limp clap 5 seconds after you got your clap, it’s not really helping. But if you truly follow the flow with your entire body and you’re ready when the clap comes to, you’re suddenly building an amazing energy field where people are enjoying themselves.

I’ve used it to explain several of the TPIs. As for instance accountability, trust, respect, camaraderie, alignment, resources and many more. It is so simple, and yet so incredibly versatile.

Got interested? Please contact me at fredrik@forthegooddays.com and I would be more than happy to walk you thru it.

Cheers,
    Fredrik Holmén

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kimberly gonsalves
    Participant

Frederick, this looks great to me! Simple, high energy, and fun. I appreciate that there is clapping/applause when someone loses focus and breaks the rhythm. Great way to lose fear of making mistakes! Thank you for sharing this. Warmly, Kimberly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart